The Lustig Jewelers History
Opened in 1949 at 1219 Clark, Chicago Interior of Jewelry Department Interior of Jewelry Department Second location opened in 1956. Photo was taken in the 1970's. Lustig Jewelers was giving away a Ford Pinto Store Manager with Ted Lustig on the right Close up of exterior sign on 1256 N. Milwaukee Ave Outside jewelry display window The Puerto Rico parade in the 1970s
Serving the Chicago Area since 1949
Lustig Jewelers, a family owned business founded in 1949 by Ted and Eleanor Lustig, was originally located at 1219 Clark St in Chicago, Illinois. It began as a department store carrying men's and ladies' apparel as well as appliances. Four years later, a move to a larger location at 1256 N. Milwaukee Ave in Chicago allowed for the addition of a fine jewelry department. By the mid 1970's, the primary focus was the selling and servicing of fine jewelry.
Dan Lustig joined full time in 1981, and by 1986 opened a new location in Vernon Hills at Westfield's Hawthorn Shopping Center. On September 1, 2006, Lustig Jewelers moved to our current location in the Aspen Pointe Shopping Center in Vernon Hills.
Ted and Eleanor Lustig, now retired, stop in to visit with our long time employees and customers.
Exemplary Customer Service
From the beginning, Lustig Jewelers dedicated themselves to providing exemplary customer service with fair pricing. So, in 1982, Eleanor Lustig coined the slogan "Come in as a customer ...leave as our friend".